Associate Maintenance Scheduler #JN -062021-65152
Thousand Oaks, California
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Number: JN -062021-65152
- The Associate Maintenance Scheduler will join the Planning & Scheduling team responsible for coordinating and managing the maintenance schedule in Thousand Oaks (Thousand Oaks, CA). This is a highly critical role with the core responsibility of supporting the Facilities & Engineering team by delivering a detailed schedule that is coordinated between manufacturing and maintenance in a cGMP biotechnology facility.
- This role is also responsible for optimizing the schedule based on labor, equipment, and facility constraints. This role will also offer the opportunity to propose, participate, and lead team improvement initiatives to drive improved productivity and scheduling accuracy.
- Building and maintaining the maintenance, instrumentation and electrical craft schedule.
- Lead scheduling meetings that incorporate production schedulers, maintenance technical leaders and system owners to review and agree upon the maintenance schedule.
- Leading daily morning meetings with work center team to maintain and communicate the schedule.
- Responsible for the prioritization of maintenance work orders focusing on Safety, Quality and Production within a cGMP environment.
- Maintain a comprehensive backlog of all maintenance activity by work type (CMMS). Recognize the priority of the work order backlog and re-schedule when appropriate seeking direction from system owners and management.
- Trains maintenance personnel in proper maintenance reporting procedures, and in the use of CMMS software as a maintenance management tool.
- Generates reports to keep the maintenance management team informed of work progress and future work schedules.
- Develop, generate and communicate the weekly maintenance work schedule as well.
- Using the CMMS system, forecasts work force needs for equipment maintenance.
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as required for maintenance activities.
- Ensures all Preventative Maintenance Work is completed on time.
- Off business hour on-call support.
- Bachelor’s degree OR
- Associate’s degree and 4 years of scheduling and/or maintenance experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of scheduling and/or maintenance experience
- BS or above in engineering, math, or science and demonstration of strong analytical competency
- Demonstrated ability to work well with teams, open to change and new ideas
- Strong communication skills - ability to lead meetings, communicate schedule recommendations effectively, and communicate well within team
- Strong analytical and critical thinking capability – able to respond to scheduling changes, gather required data, evaluate options, and communicate analysis recommendations to facilitate decision making
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and error-proofing habits
- Time management skills.
- Knowledge of facility and manufacturing process
- Knowledge of scheduling tools and systems (MS Project, Excel)
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management system preferably MAXIMO
- Ability to create business processes and standardize work
Apply Online Apply Later