Associate Project Management #JN -062021-65294
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Industry: Business Analyst / Project Manager
Job Number: JN -062021-65294
*** Remote but will work EST hours *** PMP experience is also highly desired.
- The External Supply (ES) project manager for Media, Chemicals, and Excipients (MCE) will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams in new raw material onboardings, life-cycle management projects, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- This will require working closely with both raw material suppliers as well as internal network functions within Operations including: Supply Chain, Quality, Process Development, Manufacturing, Global Strategic Sourcing and Finance. This is a unique opportunity for top professionals to join our international organization, as a pioneer and leader in the development and commercialization of life-changing medicines.
- Activities may include analyzing opportunities, project management (scoping, chartering, and strategy), process improvement, and change management activities. Beyond execution of day-to-day activities, standardization and continuous improvement are integral to our Operational Excellence culture and an expectation for this stimulating and challenging role.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple cross-functional raw material onboarding, life cycle management, and operational excellence projects of medium to high complexity to ensure raw material supply assurance.
- Oversee the activities of all operations aspects involved in onboarding and operational excellence projects to ensure raw material supply assurance.
- Partner with internal and external cross functional teams, manage onboarding related meetings, minutes, action items, escalations and drive decision making process
- Coordinate creation of/updating and archiving of onboarding related documents
- Project management of resource planning, generating and reporting metrics/ KPIs and presentation materials for management reviews and governance meetings
- Responsible for building project plans and team assignments using Gantt charts, estimating project cost and adhering to budget, directing and monitoring work efforts daily, identifying resource needs, performing business quality reviews, and escalating functional, quality, timeline and cost issues appropriately.
- Utilize project management processes, software and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact scope, budget, risk and resources of the work being managed.
- Lead continuous improvement projects that deliver measurable gain in quality, efficiency and alignment. Apply the knowledge, skills, tools of project management / Operational Excellence (OE) to ensure optimal execution of projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Doctorate degree in Life Science with Project Management experience OR
- MBA with proven Project Management experience OR
- Master’s degree and 4 years of Project Management experience OR
- Business operations or bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Project Management experience
- Managed and led medium to complex projects, comfortable with change and uncertainty.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
- Knowledge of business principles, product development and commercialization or R&D in a life science, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device cGMP environment.
- GMP environment work experience and thorough understanding of biological/chemistry technology transfer processes and timelines
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of tools within MS Office, MS Project, Smartsheet, ThinkCell, and other software programs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, and influencing skills vertically and horizontally with integrity. Process oriented with business acumen.
- Strong organizational skills, strategic networking, self-motivation, collaboration and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills
- Has demonstrated the courage and ability to solve technical problems and challenges in Teams.
- Has proven communication skills (presents confidently and convincingly at all level of the organization).
- Expert skills in lead and managing people and team’s management of diverse cultures and geographic locations, conflict resolution with diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Apply Online Apply Later