Construction Manager # JN -062021-66356
Posted on: June 30, 2021
Job Number: JN -062021-66356
- Responsible for all aspects of construction on projects including; Vendor selection, coordination of subcontractors,
- OEM installers and customer representatives. Represent as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation projects.
- Ensure all assigned projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline and budget of customer.
- Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with policies and procedures in support of objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert.
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A valid driver’s license required
- Experience/Minimum Requirements
- Minimum three (3) + years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- Knowledge of budget development and execution
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge
Apply Online Apply Later