Cyber Security Analyst # JN -042021-62142
Title : Cyber Security Analyst
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Duration : 5+ months contract
A Security Analyst is expected to conduct cybersecurity risk assessments, which include threat modeling, and define, develop and validate cybersecurity features for a number of CRM product lines. They are expected to work with cross functional teams to create cybersecurity design elements and requirement specifications, oversee cybersecurity validation efforts, and respond to customer and regulatory asks on cybersecurity . A Security Analyst is expected to exercise technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing and coordinating assignments, and stay abreast of cybersecurity trends and new regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Synthesizes information gathered from a cross-functional team, identifies and negotiates solutions based on technical and regulatory constraints, and defines/authors the behavioral requirements and design of the system.
- Stay abreast of cybersecurity threats and trends and bring that knowledge into the development and risk management process.
- Assesses the cybersecurity risks of new products and features, and identifies potential interactions with existing ones.
- Guides development on cybersecurity maintenance process of various products.
- Creates regulatory and customer-facing cybersecurity documentation
- Assign implementation of requirements to specific development teams and determine how systems will be architected and implemented. Provides guidance and leadership to development teams as appropriate.
- Works in close collaboration with software and hardware developers to ensure cybersecurity requirements are fully understood and correctly implemented.
- Performs technical planning, analyzes system integration issues, and generates system requirements, software requirements and interface specifications.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Proposes and plans for improvements to processes within regulatory constraints.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Information Technology or Software Engineering with a demonstratable focus (courses taken, projects) on cybersecurity or equivalently, a Masters in any science or engineering discipline with a CISSP or equivalent cybersecurity certification
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant, progressively more responsible work experience on software intensive systems (An advanced degree like a PhD would count to this experience).
- Demonstrated ability to apply an expert understanding of cybersecurity solutions to product development.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 5%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Medical device/healthcare industry experience preferred.