Database Analyst # JN -032021-61544
Title : Database Analyst II - OH
Location : Akon, OH
Duration : 12 months contract
- Provide and maintain reliable Oracle/Microsoft SQL Server/Teradata/MemSQL/MariaDB databases to support business applications.
- Implement, monitor, upgrade, and administer database platforms including performance tuning, backup, restore, install and decommissioning activities
- Manage backup and recovery functions for database platforms.
- Perform system administration, performance and storage monitoring.
- Maintain and troubleshoot server environment to assist with database activities and troubleshooting
- Provide consulting services for work requiring a database environment.
- Maintain and administer operating systems when necessary to support database activities.
- Implement application systems in partnership with Business Unit Support personnel.
- Develop backup/restore procedures.
- Author and maintain policies, standards, and procedures including disaster recovery documentation.
- Investigate and resolve application problems
- Identify and development automation opportunities as it relates to database automation, continuous configuration automation tasks, orchestration/API development, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a production Database Administration role.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Basic Network Concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
- Shell Scripting Languages - Powershell, Python, YAML, etc.
- Knowledge of system administration concepts related to Microsoft Server, AIX and Red Hat Linux
- Storage related concepts, protocols (ISCSI, NFS, CIFS)
- Administration of mainstream database technology such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, MemSQL or MariaDB
- Backup technologies such as Oracle RMAN, SQL Server backups, Veeam, other backup technologies, etc.
- RAID levels and disk technologies
- Ability and willingness to travel to company sites local to Akron, work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after-hours support (7X24 operations).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels and with varying backgrounds.
- Experience in providing responsive and effective customer service.
- Highly motivated to work independently and productively within a virtual environment (i.e. working with remote co-workers using virtual technologies).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and plan work, work on multiple concurrent tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve non-routine problems with little or no guidance