Design Architect / Cloud Solutions Architect # JN -042021-62955
Position title : Design Architect / Cloud Solutions Architect
Duration : 6 months
REQUIRED JOB EXPERIENCE:
- Seven years of related IT experience.
- 2 years of experience developing in-depth knowledge of 1 or 2 application systems or infrastructure technologies (may be concurrent).
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience architecting solutions on the AWS Gov Cloud or equivalent
- Experience implementing solutions on the AW Gov Cloud or equivalent
- Experience installing Application Software on AWS EC2 instances and RDS Database instances or equivalents
- Experience using DevOps/CI &CD tools in the Cloud environment
- Experience using Cloud Services such as EC2 instances and Lamda functions for Compute, RDS instances for databases, Load Balancers such as ALB/NLB and VPC for networking, as well as AWS CLI and AWS Inspector or equivalents.
- Experience with Monitoring and Logging tools for Application Support.
- Experience architecting solutions on the AWS Gov Cloud/equivalent using Security and Compliance best practices as outlined in NIST, HITRUST frameworks and DoD STIGS.
- Proven ability to achieve successful product integrations within a matrix management environment.
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and release quality products on time, to build network and collaborative relationships throughout complex organizations.
- Understands and applies the attributes and processes application and system development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical approaches to all levels of staff, management, and end-users.
- Successful track record of leading multidisciplinary work teams.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the technologies, architecture, and practices and direction of a complete line of business.
- Cloud9, CodeBuild, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, GITHUB, Amazon Guard Duty, AWS Systems Manager, Amazon Inspector, AWS Config, AWS Identity and Access Management, AWS Security Hub, Amazon SNS, AWS Workspaces for End User Computing, AWS EC2 instances, AWS RDS instances, Serverless Application Repository, Containerization (E.g. Elastic Kubernetes Service).
Subject Matter Expertise on some or all of the following tools and technologies or their equivalents as used in Cloud environments,
- Amazon Guard Duty
- AWS Systems Manager
- Amazon Inspector
- AWS Config
- AWS Identity and Access Management
- AWS Security Hub
- Amazon SNS
- AWS Workspaces for End User Computing
- AWS EC2 instances
- AWS RDS instances
- Serverless Application Repository
- Containerization (E.g. Elastic Kubernetes Service)
- Subject Matter Expertise in some Security Vulnerability Management and Compliance in Cloud environments.
- Atleast one Cloud related certification such as SysOps Administrator or Solutions Architect or Cloud Practitioner etc.
- Atleast one certification in the area of Application or Infrastructure Security and Compliance such as CISSP etc.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience architecting solutions on the AWS Gov Cloud/equivalent using latest Technologies like Containerization (Elastic Kubernetes Service) and Serverless Application Repository
- Experience architecting migration of On-Premise Applications to Cloud environments.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Networking skills and knowledge to include Cloud Technologies like configuring VPC,Security Groups and Load Balancers, Network security, including next-generation firewalls, VPN, and network design (TCP/IP/HTTPS protocols).
- Experience and knowledge of network routing in Cloud environments and Load Balancers.
- Security Vulnerability scans and remediation
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Interpretation of DoD STIGS and NIST Controls.
- 20% Influence strategic technology decisions by providing expert advice and education to senior technical and business staff.
- 20% Help formulate and achieve business objectives within the technical architecture for multiple business units. Support "proof of concepts" to demonstrate technological capability and adherence to architectural principles. Ensure the enterprise has the capability to support new technologies and maintain a high level of performance and reliability.
- 20% Review escalations and validate projects are within architectural and technological boundaries. Make recommendations to mitigate risk of going outside those boundaries.
- 15% Identify technical challenges resulting from business problems that must be addressed and resolved to ensure the successful achievement of business unit objectives. Act as a visionary in support of Research and Development activities. Monitor the deliverable to ensure it stays on track to meet the objective.
- 10% As a subject matter expert, mentor others to ensure technical skills are in place to meet technical leadership-related resource requirements in the future. Provide oversight for technical audit responses and leadership to cross-functional teams.
- 10% Build and maintain relationships that can be leveraged to provide technical support for the organization’s business direction. Form alliances on projects, operational decisions, and scheduling requirements.
- 5% Support RFP and marketing efforts by serving as a subject matter expert for the set of assigned applications.