Developer IV # JN -062021-66375
Position title : Developer IV / Non-Host
Duration : 6months
Location : Columbia SC
- Responsible for analysis, design, programming, and implementation of complex applications tasks and projects. Devise feasible, logical procedures to resolve business problems through the use of computer resources. Formulate scope and objectives through research to develop or modify complex systems. Review detailed specifications and recommend modifications.
- Design, code, test and debug complex application programs.
DAILY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all phases of applications systems analysis and design.
- Analyze systems specifications and develop applications to support information systems processes.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written.
- Design, code, test, debug, document and maintain these programs. Formulates scope and objectives through research to develop or modify complex systems.
- This position resides in the EDIG (Electronic Data Interchange Gateway) team working on the non-host side with a small team of developers.
- The non-host side interacts with a host team and operations team in order to support the EDIG process managing healthcare claims.
- This position has on-call responsibilities in addition to the day-to-day responsibilities.
Required Work Experience:
- 6 years of application development, systems testing or other job related experience.
- Experience in a mid-range AIX environment with: C programming, shell scripting, data reformatting, data transport (NDM, Mqueue), AIX and Windows o/s.
Required Software and Tools:
- Strong knowledge of relevant operating systems, programming languages and development tools and their usage in the company.
- AIX (flexible with version)
- Shell Scripting
- Windows with SFTP (SFTP is a MUST HAVE)
- IBM Connect Direct
- X12 Knowledge
- VB Script