DevOps Cloud Engineer
Redwood City, California
Posted on: July 15, 2021
Industry: Cloud / AWS / Azur
Job Number: JN -072021-67118
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- The main function of this role is to support new technology initiatives in implementing leading-edge NGS pipeline technologies to enable our scientific research applications.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, deployment, and integration of new and existing NGS workflow systems.
- Work with developers, project leads, cross-functional teams, and external partners to enable new capabilities or identify operational issues with the software, workflows, etc.
- Provide technical expertise to develop and support NGS workflow capabilities in a hybrid environment.
- Monitor and support the environments and deliver software and application deployments in various environments.
- Evaluate existing processes for improvements; Develop new processes, tools, and automation to improve processes, workflows, and infrastructure.
- Minimum 3 years of direct work/research experience in developing or supporting NGS pipelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge on CWL, modern NGS pipeline platforms, or a major workflow engine.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using AWS cloud services supporting/developing NGS pipelines and workflows and solid knowledge of EC2, EBS, EFS & S3 required.
- 5 years of familiarity in Linux OS and programming environments including command line interface and X servers; Experienced in shell scripting in Linux, Unix, or Mac.
- Proficient in TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting, solid understanding of local and network filesystems (SMB/CIFS and NFS)
- Working knowledge of container technologies such as docker, singularity and Kubernetes
- Must be able to perform software compilation, installation activities and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life-science-related, or computer science discipline,
- AWS technical certifications (desirable).
Apply Online Apply Later