Editor #JN -042021-63367
Posted on: April 29, 2021
Industry: Medical Profession
Job Number: JN -042021-63367
- The Medical Editor & Fact Checker will be responsible for editing a multitude of documents from long-form articles, web content and emails to marketing collateral and well as pushing documentation through internal review processes. We’re looking for a detailed oriented editor and expert-level fact checker who understands the importance of adhering to guidelines and pays very close attention to accuracy of all content.
- Reporting to the Director, Digital Consumer Strategy & Content Marketing, the focus of this position will be to work between our writing staff, brand teams and reviewers to edit and fact check content and process documents through formal review (30% editing and 70% review process).
To ensure projects are optimized and achieving portfolio goals, the Medical Editor and Fact Checker will:
- Participate in the content review process, reviewing and editing content of each project for correct spelling, grammar, consistency, balance tone, fulfillment of creative brief, and AMA style, and appropriate and accurate referencing.
- Fact check all content prior to reviews, and collaborate with Copy to ensure all claims are accurate and supported following current message maps.
- Prepare and submit materials for medical, legal, regulatory and compliance reviews in an online document-control system (Veeva Vault PromoMats).
- Annotate documents and create anchor text for references. Communicate frequently with materials reviewer to ensure deadline are met.
- Keep message maps up to date; document annotations, citations, references pieces and update as needed.
- Attend review committee meetings with reviewers. At meetings, records comments resulting from reviewer discussion in company’s online review system.
- Coordinate edits based on reviewer’s feedback. Collaborate with content owners, brand managers, producers and designers.
- Work within digital content management systems to update content on websites, landing pages, editorial articles etc. as needed.
- Partner with brand teams and marketing operations team to meet project milestones and complete all final QC steps, including functional reviews of websites and other media.
- Works with brands other reviewers to ensure that global changes are carried through to current and future related materials. Update message maps as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of copy editor experience. Experience with pharmaceuticals or medical device products and/or working in Veeva Vault PromoMats is a plus.
- Expert level proficiency of English grammar and punctuation.
- Strong background working with enterprise-class web content management systems.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Familiarity/experience with project management software (JIRA, Trello, Asana, Monday.com) and best practices.
- Detail oriented with a passion for managing the editorial processes.
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Design or copywriting skills a plus.
Apply Online Apply Later