Editor #JN -052021-64157
Minimum requirements for the senior-level editor position:
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills to be used at all stages; must be very detailed oriented
- Comfortable fact checking medical copy
- At least 3 years’ experience at a pharma ad agency or a medical education agency
- Knowledge how to use PHQ, or very comfortable using Adobe Acrobat
- All schedules considered but those with availability during 9-6 PT will be given priority consideration!
- Able to work independently or part of a team
- Able to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
Things to keep in mind:
- The work we do is very detailed oriented so a person with 1-2 years editing experience might not be a good fit. There are a lot of nuances and style rules for our aesthetic brands that have to be followed
- We are looking for people who know how agencies work (from routing jobs to using style guides to understanding about ISIs to MLR/PRC/etc to reviewing Veeva comments). The person should be ready to learn our basic ways of working but have a firm knowledge of how agencies work
- Edit, fact check, and proofread copy of varying page lengths
- Collaborate with all team members to ensure our editorial work is on tone and accurately referenced
- Prioritize and manage workload, meetings, and various tasks to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Possess fluency with FDA Guidelines, AMA style, and comprehensive understanding of annotation requirements in pharma sectors.
- Pay attention to narrative consistency, voice and tone, as well as accuracy of content.
- Ability to create/maintain/use brand style sheets as needed.
- Understand and execute varying editorial styles per brand needs.
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind editorial decisions.
- Prioritize and manage time effectively, meeting multiple project deadlines with excellence
- Build confident and trusted relationships with Editorial Manager, Creative, Account, and Traffic/Project Management team members
- Openly communicate in and out of Editorial team to facilitate workflow and provide/get feedback
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance needed
- Experience working with larger materials, eg, 50+ pages
- Comfortable fact checking medical copy for various therapeutic categories
- Ability to thrive and remain calm in a busy, deadline-oriented environment
- At least 2 years working in a medical education or pharma ad agency
- Solid experience using Microsoft Teams and PHQ
Required Skills Needed:
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to respond to rapidly shifting priorities and maintain accuracy across multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal team members to ensure high-quality work while remaining within deadlines
- Knowledge of and familiarity using AMA Manual of Style (10th & 11th edn).
- Bachelor's Degree in English, journalism, communications, or related areas (Sciences)