Electrical Engineer # JN -072021-67337
Title : Electrical Engineer
Location : Irvine, CA
Duration : 12 months contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to systems-level product development, design specifications and verifications that complies with related medical device regulations/standards (FDA, IEC, etc.) and internal quality management and design control processes.
- Establish components and product requirements and specifications.
- Apply advanced engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems.
- Perform the layout, construction, and evaluation of a variety of prototype printed circuit boards, fixtures, and tools required for development and testing purposes.
- Perform troubleshooting, fault isolation, and failure analysis activities on a variety of electronic systems.
- Conduct measurements specified in design verification plans, document and tabulate results, and provide engineering test reports.
- Support contract manufacturers in the development and verification of assembly and test processes of printed circuit board assemblies and finished product.
- Develop and maintain FPGA test code in support of contract manufacturer product testing.
- Contribute to the innovation and continual improvement of imaging performance from concept to prototyping and product release.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Work closely with product development team to establish product development goals while ensuring market compatibility
- Plan, schedule and coordinate project tasks and activities.
- Support bench / animal testing and clinical evaluations.
- Identify and mitigate project risks
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, biomedical engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of engineering work experience in medical electrical design and development, specifically in printed circuit board design, switching and linear power supply design, Verilog/VHDL FPGA development, design verification test method development, and IEC60601-1 design and risk mitigation.
- Familiarity with the design, testing and debugging of analog and digital circuitry as they relate to biomedical RF ablation, ultrasound diagnostic and therapeutic systems.
- Experience with the operation and use of standard and advances test and measurement equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzers, and network/impedance analyzers.
- Familiarity with IEC 60601-1 “Medical Electrical Equipment - General requirements for basic safety and essential performance” design implementation and certified lab testing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new design features as part of existing systems.
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes including designing for manufacturability and test.
- Documented record of delivering engineering information which adds value to management’s decision-making process.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable FDA regulations and company operating procedures, processes, policies and tasks.
- Advanced personal computer skills, including spreadsheet, word processing, database management, power point, and specialized applications (e.g. pSPICE or related application).
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model
- Strong individual contributor and team player in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Ability to engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%.