Experience Designer Lead #JN -052021-64722
Top must-have skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Strong background in user experience and UI design
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe products
- Experience mentoring junior designers
- Responsive and/or adaptive design principles
- Working knowledge of scrum and general agile principles
- Comfortable leading discovery and ideation sessions
- Project management and time management acumen
Bonus points if you:
- Know Sketch like the back of your hand
- Have a portfolio that can demonstrate responsive and adaptive web design
- Have an interest in personal investing, wealth management, or finance
- Love data visualization and making complex things simple
- Have experience mentoring junior designers
- Have worked as part of an agile development team
- Know your way around Jira
- InVision Design System Manager knowledge is a plus.
- An interest in financial services and design for data visualizations (charts, graphs, etc.) is a plus
Years of overall experience required:
Day to day responsibilities:
- Transforms complex tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert.
- Leads and guides the discovery of customer and business needs through contextual inquiries, generative and quantitative research. Uncovers customer latent needs and creates vision to meet those needs.
- Sets the design direction and strategy. Leads others to execute visual, information, interaction and service design elements of the initiative that meets business and customer needs and delights customers.
- Communicates the initiative and product to others, including senior management, through user journeys, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes and other materials.
- Sets the direction for usability of new and existing products, makes adjustments to align with shifting customer expectations.
- Establish research methods and strategies, conduct studies, and present findings that will inform improvements in the customer experience.
- Coaches and mentors junior staff; Assists management team in training new staff.
Degrees or certifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience.
- The main function of the User Experience Designer is to work with project teams to design and deliver high quality client-centered, effective, consistent and usable interfaces.
- Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
- Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
- Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
- Executes business acceptance test cases and testing.
- Works with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts etc.
- Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles.
- Experience applying a web design standard
- Knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML, CSS).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong detail orientation, and a passion for consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors/usability or related discipline.
- 6-8 years related experience.