I/S Security Analyst # JN -042021-63262
Position title : I/S Security Analyst
Duration : 12 months
Location : Columbia, SC
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree. OR
- 4 ADDED years of job related work experience; OR
- 2 ADDED years of job related experience plus an associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree
- 4 years of job related technical experience.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative on running with tasks
- Data Analysis skills – ability to review, troubleshoot, understand, and articulate technical data problems
- Knowledge of different Operating Systems (i.e. Windows and UNIX)
- Hardware/software inventory knowledge
- Preferred Technical background –
- Deep understanding of various server and workstation operating systems (i.e. Windows, UNIX, etc.), and network devices (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- HCL BigFix experience, Security Configuration Checklists, DISA STIGs, CIS Baselines, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong data analysis and correlation abilities.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of administrative, procedural and technical controls used to reduce security risks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise data architecture, systems engineering and data communications as applied to the automated storage and retrieval of information, using multiple platforms and protocols with the inherent security risks of each.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong familiarity with threat analysis risk management, configuration management, business continuity and contingency planning as it applies to IT.
- Ability to troubleshoot multi-vendor Security issues.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Experience in network security (Cisco ASA, IPS, VPN, RSA SecurID, PKI, cryptography), security controls for LAN/WANs, client server, web-based systems, and databases.
- Experience with configuration of security devices such as firewalls, intrusion prevention, patch deployment, and risk assessment/ vulnerability scanners.
PREFERRED LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
CISA, NSA, CISM, CISSP