Information Management / DBA 4 #JN -042021-62163
Degrees/Certifications/Years of Overall Experience Required:
- Education Bachelor’s degree preferred in in Technology or a similar field
- 7 years’ experience in Teradata and associated products
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming business specifications into cost-effective, technically correct database solutions
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities
- Responsible for establishing and managing to quality control and security protocols relative to database security Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s)
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Has an advanced knowledge of tools and techniques required for area(s) of Teradata DBA.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in Teradata Database Administration
- Proficient working with Linux or Unix Operating System
- Proficient with SQL, BTEQ
- Solid understanding of TASM, Viewpoint
- Teradata Data mover experience is a plus
- User Management – Creation and managing Teradata objects like Databases, Users, Profiles, Roles, Accounts, Tables, etc. Modifying Databases, Users, Roles Profiles as per Teradata Best practices
- Space Allocation – Assigning Permanent Space, Spool Space and Temporary Space.
- Access of Database Objects – Granting and Revoking Access Rights on different database objects.
- Security Control – Handling logon and logoff rules for Users.
- System Maintenance – Specification of system defaults, restart handling, alert creation and monitoring.
- System Performance – Use of Performance Monitor (Viewpoint), Priority Scheduler and Job Scheduling.
- Resource Monitoring – Database Query Log (DBQL & PDCR,Access Logging) and PDCR implementation and reporting.
- Data Archives, Restores and Recovery – Viewpoint and DSA. (with NetBackup)
- Design and manage troubleshooting/exceptional procedures such as handling hot AMPs, crashdumps, slowdowns, connectivity issues, etc.
- Plan, design and implement the Hardware and Software upgrade strategy for the Teradata database.
- Troubleshooting: integrity, performance, and resource utilization, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, security, etc.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management in T@YS.
- Exposure to Teradata tools Teradata Administrator/ Teradata Studio/SQL Assistant, TSET, TASM/TDWM.
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Excellent communication skill in terms of both verbal and written. Ability to document and maintain procedures. Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics.
- Attention to detail and able to organize and plan work independently the ability to work autonomously.
- Perform detailed design, development, unit testing and deployment for Change Requests.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships across the organization.
- Responsible for coordinating changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database
- High School Degree and 2-year technical degree in computer programming or equivalent training required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. 8+ years’ experience required
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time. Strong knowledge of computer software, such as SQL, Visual Basic, Oracle, etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct programmers and analysts to make changes to existing databases and database management systems. Direct others in coding logical and physical database descriptions. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project. Review and approve database development and determine project scope and limitations
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems. Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure. Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information. Perform other duties as assigned