Information Management / DBA 4 #JN -052021-64077
Top Must-Have Skills:
- DB2 Version 11
- Helping to install and support DB2 on Linux v11.1
- Analytical skills necessary to perform troubleshooting of errors and performance issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented and able to work across the organization as an individual contributor
- Ability to work in a rapidly transforming organization
- Excellent customer service skills
- Technically proficient in assigned IT discipline(s)
Degrees/Certifications/Years of Overall Experience Required:
- 7+ years of experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Installation and support for Linux database technologies including DB2, QMF, IMS and their related tools
- Monitor, tune and analyze Linux database environment
- Provide 24x7 oncall coverage on a rotational basis and general problem resolution support to our service partners.
- Work cooperatively with our peer database software support specialists, database administrators, mainframe technical support teams, application development teams, and their lines of business.
- Communicate effectively with service partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies. Continually define ways to increase service partner satisfaction and deepen partner relationships.
- As opportunities arise, plan, lead, design, and coordinate technology projects across multiple teams and across multiple organizational layers
- Participate in annual goals development, addressing such fundamental objectives as scaling for corporate growth while increasing availability and resiliency of our infrastructure and our business applications.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and promote organizational standards especially risk, change, and problem management.
- Keep your immediate supervisor well-informed of activities and recommend constructive suggestions for change.
- Responsible for coordinating changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
- High School Degree and 2 year technical degree in computer programming or equivalent training required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. 8+ years’ experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time. Strong knowledge of computer software, such as SQL, Visual Basic, Oracle, etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct programmers and analysts to make changes to existing databases and database management systems. Direct others in coding logical and physical database descriptions. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project. Review and approve database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems. Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure. Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information. Perform other duties as assigned.