Instrumentation and Controls Engineer # JN -062021-65390
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Industry: Database Administrator / Engineers
Job Number: JN -062021-65390
- Develop process design basis, including sizing and selection of equipment, mass balance, URS and instrumentation for control of robust processes.
- Provide input to industrialization strategies and rationale for critical process parameters.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for development and validation, health authority inspections, and investigations.
- Responsible for process design and continuous improvements, support execution and documentation of development and/or validation studies and lead or supervise groups and/task force in the planning of engineering, investigational, definition and process validation runs.
- Document and interpret study results with recommendations. Provide technical leadership as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of responsibility.
- Document and interpret study results with recommendations. Execute life-cycle design and industrialization of upstream processes, products and associated test methods for Phase 3 and licensed products (new vaccines and biopharmaceuticals AND life-cycle improvements) to assure commercialization of robust, compliant, and efficient processes and test methods for vaccines and biopharmaceuticals.
- Input to design space/DOE studies through establishment of scale-up/scale-down parameters utilizing engineering fundamentals (mixing, mas /heat transfer, modeling, dimensionless parameters, etc.) and process control strategies.
- Partner with engineering to ensure industrial implementation of process design, including review of engineering design documents, provide review and input to C&Q strategy and participating in testing of equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing and quality operations for process troubleshooting, and health authority inspections to achieving site metrics (+QDCI).
- Expertise in one or more upstream process unit operation design typically used in biotech/vaccine manufacturing (seed expansion, viral growth and egg processes, harvest/clarification) as well as project/engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge of computer software common to mission (AutoCAD, process simulation/scheduling, CFD) is preferred.
- Proficient with structured methodologies such as Good Engineering Practices, Quality by Design, Design Space, & Process Control Strategies to be employed in the course of industrial process design, validation and control.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams, provide strong analytical skills for troubleshooting and root cause analysis, and communicate with internal and external team members.
- BS/MS degree and 3-9 years of experience
- Experience in equipment start-up, qualification and validation is preferred. Bachelor's Degree/Undergraduate Degree or Advanced Degree in chemical or biochemical engineering. Advanced degree in sciences with 10+ years large scale process equipment design, scale-up implementation & validation experience.
Apply Online Apply Later