IT Program Manager – CPMO # JN -042021-63365
Position title : IT Program Manager – CPMO
Duration : 12 months
Location : Columbia, SC
Position will provide support for customer and IT for marketing strategies, new business opportunities and strategic vendor evaluations.
Looking for candidate with experience in proposals delivery, technology research/new business opportunities and vendor evaluations.
CANDIDATE TECHNICAL BACKGROUND:
- SDLC Project Management experience
- IT Leadership experience on multiple concurrent project teams
- MS Office, including MS Visio
- MS Project
- MS Azure Boards (Highly Desired)
- PMP Certification (Highly Desired)
- Experience writing scope / design / implementation documents
- Can speak intelligently about the methodologies they have worked with
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for all project management activities in a matrixed project environment utilizing waterfall/PMBOK-based methodology. The project environment is fast-paced and deadline-focused. The successful PM is able to: work independently while keeping management informed, handle deadline pressures, and effectively escalate project issues.
- The PM is accountable for the delivery of projects on time, on budget, and on target.
- Facilitating project team through the definition of scope, requirements, and design.
- Responsible for authoring (using input from project team) required project documentation, including scope document, design document, and implementation document.
- Responsible for facilitating the WBS process and translating WBS into an MS-Project project schedule or MS Azure Boards task list, detailed to an 8/80 level of granularity.
- Responsible for keeping the project schedule updated throughout the project life cycle, and for managing a change control process to reflect changes in requirements, deliverables, dates, or budget.
- Responsible for facilitating the identification of project risks and issues, and tracking these through the project life cycle.
- Responsible for coordination of customer testing, with the assistance of a Test Analyst on larger projects.
- Responsible for scheduling, facilitating and recapping project team meetings.
- Responsible for the escalation of project issues, and for communications of project status to all levels of management.