IT Project Manager – CPMO # JN -042021-63366
Position title : IT Project Manager – CPMO
Duration : 12 months
Location : Columbia, SC
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts.
- Responsible for moderate number of work efforts simultaneously that vary from a smaller to a moderate scale, with smaller number of hours to moderate number of hours, and with moderate system impacts and moderate scope and complexity.
- Adheres to project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budgeted hours, adheres to high quality standards, and meets ISSM expectations.
- Monitors project plans, assignments and work efforts on a daily basis.
- Ensures resource needs are assigned appropriately and escalates functional, quality, timeline issues.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans to meet the needs of work effort.
- Responsible for leading the project from inception to final business acceptance and implementation.
Require Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications (verbal and written) skills with assertive yet customer-focused style.
- Advanced leadership skills in a team or project environment.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of project management principles and methodologies, information systems, business processes, and the key drivers and measures of success for the business unit and the organization.
- Advanced competency in management of resources to meet goals and multiple projects.
- Strong ability to lead multiple multidiscipline, high-performance work teams throughout project life cycle.
- Strong ability to negotiate terms and scope of work documents.
- Advanced ability to prepare and present formal presentations.
- Ability to manage all phases of work effort from inception to completion.
- Effective strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting analysis of project triple constraints.
Required Software and Tools:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management tools; MS Project or MS Azure Boards.
Candidate technical background:
- SDLC Project Management experience
- IT Leadership experience on multiple concurrent project teams
- MS Office, including MS Visio
- MS Project or MS Azure Boards
- PMP Certification (Highly Desired)
- Experience writing scope / design / implementation documents
- Can speak intelligently about the methodologies they have worked with
The Project Manager (PRM) is responsible for all project management activities in a matrixed project environment utilizing waterfall/PMBOK-based methodology. The project environment is fast-paced and deadline-focused. The successful PL is able to: work independently while keeping management informed, handle deadline pressures, and effectively escalate project issues.
- The PRM is accountable for the delivery of projects on time, on budget, and on target.
- Facilitating project team through the definition of scope, requirements, and design.
- Responsible for authoring (using input from project team) required project documentation, including scope document, design document, and implementation document.
- Responsible for facilitating the WBS process and translating WBS into an MS Project or MS Azure Boards project schedule, detailed to an 8/80 level of granularity.
- Responsible for keeping the project schedule updated throughout the project life cycle, and for managing a change control process to reflect changes in requirements, deliverables, dates, or budget.
- Responsible for facilitating the identification of project risks and issues, and tracking these through the project life cycle.
- Responsible for coordination of customer testing, with the assistance of a Test Analyst on larger projects.
- Responsible for scheduling, facilitating and recapping project team meetings.
- Responsible for the escalation of project issues, and for communications of project status to all levels of management on both customer and I/S side.