IT Senior Project Manager – CPMO # JN -042021-63438
Position Title : IT Senior Project Manager – CPMO
Duration : 12 months
Location : Columbia, SC
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Led software development efforts
- "Doers” with in-depth experience leading software development efforts in an organization with a formal methodology and a strong PMO environment.
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts.
- Responsible for moderate number of work efforts simultaneously that vary from a smaller to a moderate scale, with smaller number of hours to moderate number of hours, and with moderate system impacts and moderate scope and complexity.
- Adheres to project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budgeted hours, adheres to high quality standards, and meets ISSM expectations.
- Monitors project plans, assignments and work efforts on a daily basis.
- Ensures resource needs are assigned appropriately and escalates functional, quality, timeline issues.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans to meet the needs of work effort.
- Responsible for leading the project from inception to final business acceptance and implementation.
Required Work Experience:
- 5 years IT experience in a leadership capacity, including 3 years experience leading two or more concurrent project teams.
Require Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications (verbal and written) skills with assertive yet customer-focused style. Advanced leadership skills in a team or project environment.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail. Strong understanding of project management principles and methodologies, information systems, business processes, and the key drivers and measures of success for the business unit and the organization.
- Advanced competency in management of resources to meet goals and multiple projects.
- Strong ability to lead multiple multidiscipline, high-performance work teams throughout project life cycle.
- Strong ability to negotiate terms and scope of work documents.
- Advanced ability to prepare and present formal presentations.
- Ability to manage all phases of work effort from inception to completion.
- Effective strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting analysis of project triple constraints.
Required Software and Tools:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management tools.
Candidate technical background:
- SDLC Project Management experience
- IT Leadership experience on multiple concurrent project teams
- MS Office, including MS Visio
- MS Project
- MS Azure Boards
- PMP Certification (Highly Desired)
- CSM Certification (Highly Desired)
- Experience writing scope / design / implementation documents
- Can speak intelligently about the methodologies they have worked with
The Project Leader (PL) is responsible for all project management activities in a matrixed project environment utilizing waterfall/PMBOK-based methodology. The project environment is fast-paced and deadline-focused. The successful PL is able to: work independently while keeping management informed, handle deadline pressures, and effectively escalate project issues.
- The PL is accountable for the delivery of projects on time, on budget, and on target.
- Facilitating project team through the definition of scope, requirements, and design.
- Responsible for authoring (using input from project team) required project documentation, including scope document, design document, and implementation document.
- Responsible for facilitating the WBS process and translating WBS into an MS-Project project schedule or MS Azure Boards task list, detailed to an 8/80 level of granularity.
- Responsible for keeping the project schedule updated throughout the project life cycle, and for managing a change control process to reflect changes in requirements, deliverables, dates, or budget.
- Responsible for facilitating the identification of project risks and issues, and tracking these through the project life cycle.
- Responsible for coordination of customer testing, with the assistance of a Test Analyst on larger projects.
- Responsible for scheduling, facilitating and recapping project team meetings.
- Responsible for the escalation of project issues, and for communications of project status to all levels of management on both customer and I/S side.