Laboratory Assistant # JN -072021-67238
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Industry: Scientists / Research / Lab Technician
Title : Laboratory Assistant
Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Type: Long Term Contract
- Teach established hands-on lab experiences for middle and high school students.
- Maintain an orderly Community Lab space and prepare, order and keep track of reagents and documents (set-up and clean-up).
- Communicate with teachers and community groups and actively maintain the booking calendar.
- Collect basic data on Community Lab usage.
- Coordinate employee volunteers.
- Manage common email boxes.
- Assist with employee engagement programs (examples: volunteer efforts, employee matching gifts and local museum memberships).
Required Skills :
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in the life sciences.
- Background in the biological sciences with demonstrated laboratory experience and strong understanding of the life sciences industry and key technologies and methods used in it.
- Strong understanding of the education, nonprofit and community landscape in the Boston Metro area
- Passionate and dynamic personality.
- Enthusiasm for working with middle and high school students.
- Team player and collaborative while able to lead independently and effectively prioritize workload.
- Excellent oral and presentation/teaching skills with preferred classroom/teaching experience.
- Demonstrated self-starter with excellent follow-through, attention to detail, organizational skills and high sense of urgency.
- Creative, pioneering, agile and flexible. Possesses a natural curiosity and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Apply Online Apply Later