Lead Business Process Analyst
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Industry: Business Analyst / Project Manager
Job Number: JN -072021-67430
- Forms and effectively leads cross-functional teams across multiple business processes. Effectively contracts with customer and/or charters project, designs a process workshop based on customer requirements and objectives.
- Ensures accurate deliverables and maintains results, and communicates to all participants.
- Collects, analyzes, documents, and integrates requirements from multiple process owners.
- Applies and makes recommendations for the process, data, and applications/systems architecture.
- Influences, negotiates, and acts as a change agent with a diverse audience for complex process improvements.
- Serves as mentor to others within the skill. May benchmark, or assist in benchmarking, best practices and industry standards; presents best practices at internal events.
- Leads transition into actionable business strategy by understanding company policies, strategic direction, strategic initiatives (e.g., Quality Management Systems, International Standards for Organization, Capability Maturity Model Initiative, Baldrige Award Criteria, and Employee Involvement, Knowledge Management, etc.).
- Assesses strategic direction to ensure alignment by reviewing policies, procedures, processes, and long range business plan.
- Facilitates development and assists with deployment of integrated strategic plans for process improvement/management and organizational direction.
- Learns to balance competing strategic initiatives.
- Leads the successful completion of specific programs, projects and implementation activities.
- Prepares work estimates for assigned tasks using cost benefit analysis.
- Conducts business requirements review, coordinates testing schedules, and assists in the preparation of test scripts.
- Communicates with information technology organizations to represent customers and functional users on project requirements, activities, and status.
- Serves as liaison to resolve business requirement issues between customer and information technology representatives.
- Serves as mentor to others within the skill.
- Facilitates development of the business case and risk analysis of process investment, returns, affordability and resource requirements as reflected in commitments, opportunities and risks to the Business Plan.
- Applies techniques to value the business opportunities and risks associated with the intangible and collateral benefits of effective process design and management.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and use of Project Management and/or Program Management Best Practices tools necessary to assist clients working through the life cycle of an improvement project. Includes facilitating plan development. Actively works with project sponsors to set clear scope boundaries to prevent scope creep and helps assigns appropriate resources. May establish a monitoring plan for all open projects to monitor scope changes, critical path performance to schedule plan, critical path changes and overall status of project. Creates project status and plan to management, as required. Utilizes and complies with the current documentation framework and standards. Leads opportunities to eliminate, consolidate and/or simplify process documents. Supports the transition from traditional documentation standards to evolving data and information management standards by entering and modifying process data to fit the standards.
- Coordinates and conducts reviews, assessments, and audits of business process documentation, as required.
- Understands, applies and may develop process standards, guidelines and tools.
- Uses the portfolio of process methods and tools, and how to apply them to the appropriate business situation.
- Collaborates and partners with other skills or organizations (e.g., Six Sigma, Lean, etc.) to provide a better solution.
- Seeks opportunities for company-wide synergy with practitioners of methods and tools from other skills or organizations.
- Leads teams or serves as subject matter expert to improve the existing business architecture.
- Assists with integration of remaining aspects of enterprise architecture (e.g. information, data, and applications architecture).
- Ensures solution has architectural compliance and strategic alignment with business objectives.
- Leads, participates, or works together to reach agreement on the development of business architecture design, phased implementation, and use.
Apply Online Apply Later