Manager, Engagement # JN -072021-67889
Posted on: July 30, 2021
Industry: Manager/Team Lead
Job Number: JN -072021-67889
- The engagement manager responsibilities include:
- Accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives.
- Ensure that the business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
- Provide consultation directly to Client Application Studios leadership and customers around solution options and vendor product selection as needed.
- Work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance project engagements.
- Work with Business System Analysts and Solution Architects to develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of technical solutions.
- Oversee product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
- Manage the day to day decision as it relates to assigned projects.
- Work with channel and business leadership to develop a strategy for execution of product roadmaps.
- Seek ways to reduce application related costs and increase efficiencies of applications in production.
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all channel-related products.
- Collaborate with channel leaders and project team to design, develop, and support Enterprise wide solutions.
- Team with BSA and Architect to ensure that all products support the appropriate business processes and have the appropriate support and maintenance processes in place.
- Lead all design and development aspects of SDLC for Client Application Studios projects
- Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery life cycle are followed.
- Ensure all development and maintenance projects are in accordance with channel strategy, and adhere to product and channel vision and product innovation roadmaps.
- Head project execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Communicate development and production status and issues to management and stakeholders.
- Develop project documentation in collaboration with PMO e.g., project initiation documentation, budget, project plan, and resource plan.
- Ensure resources assigned to projects are meeting deadlines and focused on the right activities.
- Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to the Channel Leader or other stakeholders as necessary and develop mitigating actions.
- Monitor progress and status of deliverables.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Products and Applications and recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Review projects for completeness of thought and consistency of approach and interface.
Project Delivery Teaming:
- Collaborate with PMO to prepare overall project schedule, milestones, tasks, and estimates.
- Participate in technology and solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
- Collaborate with Solution and Application Architects to ensure that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are properly documented.
- Collaborate with Business System Analysts (BSA) to analyze business and functional requirements that have a impact on business applications.
- Work with offshore Technical Delivery Manager to optimize the mix of the development resources.
- Coordinate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture and design.
- Coordinate with BSAs and Quality Engineering teams to ensure proper testing is performed
- Lead project delivery teams and focus on continuous process improvement.
- Offshore Team Oversight:
- Determine daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
- Lead both internal teams and offshore vendor teams project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort they are aligned to.
Apply Online Apply Later