Manufacturing Technician II # JN -062021-66267
Posted on: June 29, 2021
Job Number: JN -062021-66267
- Manufacturing Technician responsible for supporting New Product Development Operations / Manu. Engineering
- The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for supporting the manufacturing of quality products efficiently, accurately, safely and on time.
- Assists upstream manufacturing in the everyday activities needed to finalize required processes and documentation to launch new orthopedic implants and instruments, all in accordance with company policy, regulatory, and safety regulations.
- Provide support for the upstream manufacturing and operations team.
- Assist in planning, designing, and implementing new techniques, processes, and equipment.
- Research and recommend optimal tooling and equipment for specified projects needed to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Work to maximize efficiency by analyzing equipment layout, workflow, assembly methods, and utilization.
- Bridge communications and activities between upstream and downstream actions tied to NPD activities.
- Perform in-process and final testing on products.
- Assist in resolving material non-conformance issues and help troubleshoot manufacturing problems.
- Provide advice and feedback on corrective and preventative actions.
- Work with engineering on functionality issues and/or procedure updates.
- Provide ongoing assistance to other team personnel as needed.
- Contribute to the development of work instructions, records, logs, material specifications, IQ/OQ/PQ plans, and other device history documents.
- Ensure shop order movement for pre-launch activities.
- Follow all regulatory and safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Memphis TN, USA
- 2-Year Associate Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 1-3 years of prior experience in manufacturing environment (medical device industry a plus)
- Ability to read and interpret complex part drawings.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD systems a plus (Unigraphics preferred)
- Computer experience and knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Ability to excel in a changing work environment and be motivated to accomplish tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and keen attention to detail.
- Experience working within FDA’s GMP regulations a plus.
- Exposure to additive manu and welding a plus. Operating knowledge of SAP helpful.
Apply Online Apply Later