Material Handler III #JN -032021-61690
- The Material Handler III position is responsible for managing daily activities related to the storing, handling and shipping of all finished goods for domestic and international shipments, and serves as a point of contact for delivery drivers picking up outbound shipments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Locate, check and verify the accuracy of the product being packaged and shipped to nationwide and worldwide destinations
- Coordinate and communicate with transportation companies regarding movement and transportation of goods to ensure efficient shipping and clearance
- Create and manage shipping documentation, including specific export documents and unique customer requirements, letters of credit, commercial invoice, packing list, certificate of conformance, etc.
- Utilize warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack, hand trucks and delivery carts
- Participate in year-end physical inventory and monthly cycle counts
- Move inventory by scheduling materials to and from various company warehouses; coordinate inventory transfers with related departments
- Break down boxes and remove of packaging waste from stocking, shipping activities
- Count, sort, and put materials in packages. Assemble various boxes for final products
- Accurately transact shipments on the computer and, using various shipping software, prepare waybills and other shipping documents
- Work with Customer Support to resolve discrepancies that arise during the shipping process.
- Monitor inventory levels of all the shipping supplies and work with purchasing to order the correct amounts of these supplies
- Track and follow up shipment ensuring clients, departments, and/or other required parties are kept fully informed of transport arrangements and status on regular basis from departure to arrival of goods
- Enter tracking and AWB# information into SAP computer system
- Review email instruction and sales order remarks for various customer transportation requirements
- Ensures proper organization and cleanliness of the warehouse and shipping areas
- Minimum of 2 years shipping/logistics related experience in a warehouse or shipping environment
- Knowledge of basic inventory control procedures and computerized shipping/inventory systems required. Experience shipping via UPS and/ or Fed-Ex is required
- International export shipping experience highly desirable
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience in an FDA regulated medical device company desired.
- SAP experience a plus
- High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalence Certificate required.
- Certified Forklift preferred
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with the ability to operate a vehicle in order to support the operational needs of the department
- Ability to conduct self in a professional and articulate manner and maintain composure to work effectively during high stress situations to meet deadlines
- Able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and work independently
- Communicates clearly and concisely with his/her supervisor on inventory, and material status issues which need resolution
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on the team, as well as cross-functionally
- Demonstrated flexibility/adaptability in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Fill out time sheets and all other required paperwork accurately and on time
- Keep employee information and training files updated at all times
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements
- Must be available to work overtime as requested by the supervisor
- This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to business needs
Language and Verbal Skills:
- Must have strong communication skills, manage multiple tasks, and work well under pressure and strict time constraints
- Individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including phone communications and the individual must demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate clearly and professionally when presenting information both verbally and in writing when responding to questions
- Ability to apply basic math concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations, perform calculations and interpret results/data
Analytical and Reading Skills:
- Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions. Ability to define inventory & shipping problems, collect data, establish facts, draw a valid conclusion and report on findings
- The employee is regularly required to lift and carry 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, bend, turn, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; manipulate keys on a keyboard for data entry on a daily basis and talk or hear up to 10 hours per day.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, and withstand long periods of time on the warehouse floor, and tolerates elevated temperatures, including outdoors, dust, and noise levels occasionally
- Most work is performed in a typical warehouse environment, which can get noisy. Environment includes, but is not limited to, power lift equipment, conveyors, and additional warehouse equipment. Employee is required to operate a personal computer, photocopy machine, facsimile machine, calculator, telephone, etc. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The client is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others