Medical Communications Manager #JN -062021-66026
Thousand Oaks, California
Posted on: June 23, 2021
Industry: Medical Profession
Job Number: JN -062021-66026
***Remote and onsite but fully remote candidates will be considered***
- PharmD, PhD, MD, or DO with 1 or more years of relevant experience in clinical research, patient care, Clinical Development, Medical/Scientific Affairs, and/or basic research (Other doctorate degrees may be considered).
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry, and/or clinical or research experience in the areas of inflammation.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and communicating scientific content on pipeline and inline products within the Inflammation therapeutic area to the global / US healthcare community, enabling informed decision making for optimal patient care and access to client products.
- Reporting to the Medical Communications Inflammation Lead, the Manager’s responsibilities will include execution of initiatives such as writing standard response documents, performing intake of adverse events and product complaint reports related to Inflammation product(s), communicating disease state and product information to internal and external customers, performing literature surveillance and analysis, reviewing field-based promotional and educational materials for scientific accuracy, providing support for key scientific congresses including creation of Scientific Affairs booths, the development and management of scientific platforms, scientific advisory boards, and resources for Medical Science Liaisons, and management of project-associated budgets.
- This position offers an opportunity to work in a matrix environment on cross-functional teams that are focused on supporting innovative scientific programs.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Master’s degree & 5 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 7 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience
- PharmD, PhD, MD, or DO with 1 or more years of relevant experience in clinical research, patient care, Clinical Development, Medical/Scientific Affairs, and/or basic research (Other doctorate degrees may be considered)
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry, and/or clinical or research experience in the areas of inflammation
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- Aptitude in writing and presenting on scientific and clinical data
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills
- Demonstrated track record of strategic execution in a matrix environment
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Understanding of disease landscape and clinical data to enable critical analysis of scientific literature and communicate implications cross-functionally
- Prior experience of successfully managing consultants and vendors
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products
Apply Online Apply Later