Position UX Designer # JN -062021-65384
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Industry: Graphic/Interaction/Web Designer
Job Number: JN -062021-65384
- They are looking for more of a researcher or strategist and not someone who wants to do the actual design 100% of the time. This candidate will help facilitate workshops, as well as do some journey mapping and process mapping. The candidate should be comfortable conducting user research and interacting will all levels of employees.
- This position will be onsite part time after COVID. They are looking for candidates within a commutable distance to Allentown, PA and able to be onsite a few days a week after COVID.
- The Experience Designer analyzes and defines the needs of the target users and how they perform tasks to create a customer-centric technology solution and interface using latest emerging tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the needs and behaviors of target users and understand business and end-user requirements for improving user-interaction and application adoption
- Conduct, collect and analyze research results, and clearly articulate findings to refine design of applications and user interfaces utilizing relevant web and UI design standards
- Advocate on behalf of the customer through design thinking and research
- Work with team to design end-to-end user experiences using methods such as design thinking, observations, usability testing etc.
- Design and configure interactive, user-centric interfaces utilizing information architecture, interaction design, usability, accessibility and human factors
- Describe a holistic product user experience, while satisfying business requirements and observing technical constraints
- Manage user interface design effort, including coordinating the visual design for new/existing products
- Conduct quality evaluations to ensure the user experience vision, design and standards are being fulfilled by the product and architecture developers
Skills and Qualifications
- User-centric mindset
- Ability to understand business metrics and translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of industry tools like Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Figma, Miro, Optimal Workshop
- Problem-solving skills to determine solutions to user interface challenges
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Attention to detail
- Contribute sound UX / UI concepts including definition of customer needs, task analysis, persona creation, user flows, etc.
- Design principles may include responsive / adaptive design and consistent / intuitive end-to-end experience
- Develop user interface standards
- Conceptualize and champion importance of user centered design
Apply Online Apply Later