Product Stewardship Engineer # JN -062021-65243
Title : Product Stewardship Engineer
Location : Westford, MA, 01886
Duration : 6+ months contract
- Requires 2-4 years of experience and technical experience in science or engineering.
- 4 year degree Other: Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in restricted substance management (e.g., REACH, RoHS) preferred.
- Support the implementation of a product stewardship database, Ensure part, packaging and product information is accurately tracked in database.
- Work to Corporate Regulatory/Product Stewardship team and provide updates as needed.
- Ensure compliance with geography specific restricted substance requirements (e.g., RoHS, REACH, EU MDR) and Abbott Restricted Substance Management (RSM) requirements.
- Facilitate, track and work with various groups on component changes in the manufacture, import and distribution of any new product or relocation of manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate division compliance with all RSM reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with R & D support, the implementation and integration of RSM evaluations.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements
- Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Supports Environmental Management System, ISO 14001 and division sustainability efforts.