Project Manager I # JN -072021-66698
Title : Project Manager I
Location : Des Plaines IL
Duration : 4+ months contract with possible extension
- Lead the most complex or critical projects.
- Provides project management support and responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the project management system.
- Drive cross-functional team activities on the division’s most challenging projects from project initiation through close-out
- Create and manage numerous project plans and monitor progress and performance against the project plan.
- Analyze complex problems and apply critical thought to identify potential solutions and minimize delays
- Provides leadership for projects and/or assists project managers identify resource requirements, cost and time schedules. Accountable for the successful completion of project tasks on time and within budget.
- Develop an implementation plan, conduct risk assessments, and develop and implement contingency plans to allow for and accommodate unforeseen events and changes in strategy.
- Interface with other disciplines, customers, internal clients, project staff and internal and external experts as required. Manage ongoing relationships with external contractors and partners so that the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Works seamlessly within with each level of the business to ensure the customer’s needs and expectations are properly met.
- Present effectively and negotiate program trade-offs with the end goal of meeting both parties’ needs.
- Look for and capitalize on opportunities to demonstrate value to the customer.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports and other presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Interact with senior level management to reach agreement regarding significant program strategies.
- Responsible for supporting and meeting departmental budget goals, including participation in financial planning cycles, such as one year and long rang plan.
- May perform other duties as assigned such as assist in the management of clinical study contracts, and SOW's or assist in the management of reagent demand forecasting, and shipments to clinical collection and testing sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have the ability to problem solve, initiate and manage projects.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully manage by influence across functional boundaries.
- Proficient in project management skills such as project planning and execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in business, engineering, science, information systems or a discipline closely related to the area served.
- 5 years related work experience
- Master’s Degree (MBA or MS) desirable but not essential.
- Project Management certification
- Working knowledge of new product development methodologies; ability to be creative in achieving objectives while assuring compliance to internal and external requirements