R&D Engineer # JN -062021-65272
Title : R&D Engineer
Location : Santa Clara, CA
Duration : 05 months
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies and initiates programs which result in innovative application of existing or new products or technologies.
- Conduct experiments and/or develop strategies for consideration that extend beyond known scientific and engineering precedents.
- In order to enhance professional knowledge, the Advisor will review technical documents/publications, attend professional meetings, and interface with suppliers/vendors.
- As the organization's technical expert, the advisor will provide advice, assistance and direction to project teams and management, when required to assist with problem recognition, review, and resolution.; 5. Serves as an advisor on technical acquisitions and new technology development teams.
- Mentors other employees when appropriate.
- Provides periodic communication updates to management on future business direction and problem resolution. Publishes scientific papers in professional journals contributing to the advancement of science.
- . Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical materials, components, assemblies, processes and/or equipment.
- Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality.
- May have direct reports who assist in collecting data to support innovative Bachelor's degree plus 12+ years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- . Advanced degree preferred.
- Working under general supervision, supports product development efforts by performing clinical-systems and human factors engineering tasks such as investigating, defining, analyzing, documenting and testing activities associated with the development of specific projects.
- Performs additional analysis and/or interviews to determine the requirements and constraints on the assigned portion of the system.
- Work requires the application of theoretical principles, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of study.
- Has the ability to apply technical, clinical and marketing understanding of issues to bring tasks to resolution within assigned projects.
- Applies engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems.
- Exercises appropriate level of technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing and coordinating clinical-systems engineering assignments.
- Routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes.