R&D Project Manager # JN -062021-65789
Title: R&D Project Manager
Location: St Paul, MN
Duration: 4-6 Months of contract with possibility in extension throughout next year
- Support funded project with Engineering background for R&D of a new mechanical device
- mechanical engineering background or manufacturing engineering are a plus
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, min 5 yrs experience in new product development
- Med device strongly preferred
- New product development required
- MS Project experience required along with excel, powerpoint
- Presentation skills as will be reporting up to leadership (including budget, time, costs risks)
- Top skills: new product development in med device (concept, feasibility, product plan - hgate process), core product management skills (managing scope, cost budget), strong facilitation and communication skills.
Note: Mix part time remote but needs to be onsite sometimes at St. Paul. 5-10% travel required.
- Executes to defined business results expected from a project. Is responsible and accountable for achieving those results; where results are expressed in terms of compliance with Design Control and/or Change Control policies; quality; time; scope and cost. A project is a set of interrelated tasks that culminates in clearly defined business results.
- For new product development projects; the business results will typically include the launch of one or more products.
- Differences across the levels of Project Manager are dependent upon increasing project complexity and increasing level of expected independence.
- Each higher level incorporates the expectations from the lower levels.
- Manage moderately complex project or several smaller low complexity projects with the assistance from their manager.
- Evaluates Risk/Reward Trade-offs: Provides risk assessments (both safety and project related) and communicates critical issues impacting product quality to management (Q01 and Q04.01.004)).
- Establish and maintain risk analysis as part of overall responsibility to control / reduce risk (QO4.01.001) Recognizes strategy; quantifies and evaluates risks; recommends actions and develops contingencies to cope with various scenarios.
- Able to analyze risk / reward trade-offs and make recommendations of appropriate path forward.
- Translates Project Goals: Translates project ADD goals into the day-to-day activities necessary to accomplish them.