SAP Program Manager # JN -052021-64745
Kansas City, Missouri
Posted on: May 28, 2021
Industry: Business Analyst / Project Manager
Job Number: JN -052021-64745
Location: REMOTE (anywhere in the US)
- Works under the direct supervision of the ERP Director to manage implementation and transformation projects, within this Program as outlined in the SAP roadmap. This will transition and transform the following value streams:
- Acquire-to-Retire (Enterprise Asset Management)
- Develops and maintains the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for the entirety of the ERP portfolio
- Facilitates working relationships as a trusted advisor, between the System Integrator (SI), IT groups supporting the implementation, and the business units. Manage the coordination of 3rd party relationships (e.g. Infrastructure partners)
- Plans and manages resources to make sure all the proper resources are on the team
- Breaks down the work into manageable work packages, factoring in process, solution architecture, data dependencies, as well as interdependencies with other ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Tracks the progress and completion of work assignments, maintains project files and assists with file structure.
- Directs Project Manager and works with Enterprise and Solution Architects to manage escalated or program-level issues, risks, and required decisions.
- Conducts executive steering committee meetings. Identifies, tracks and presents metrics supporting business case for program
- Performs Vendor Management, working with vendors who are leading sub-teams to create plans and deliver projects as committed.
- Oversees the program’s inter- and inner-dependencies, assessing and managing critical paths.
- Bridges the cross-functional teams and maintains strong communications across impacted and affected groups.
- Assists in planning and organizing resources.
- Anticipates, mitigates, and effectively manages risks.
- Recognizes areas for improvements.
- Assists the organization through transformation and organizational change.
- Leads problem-solving, driving issues to closure.
- Analyzes and approves change requests. Provides rigorous control around change and cost management.
- Summarizes status. Has the ability to provide visual presentations. Communicates program and projects’ progress, issues, and risks on a regular basis.
- Follows PMO standards, which align to Project Management Institute (PMI) standards. Define and manage program scope, quality, schedule, and budget. Maintains and improves PMO processes and procedures, as necessary.
- Assists in the development and submission of formal RFP and selection process
- Ensures the dissemination of guidance based on the leadership strategy. Provides proactive communication of project status, budget, issues and risks to PMO, sponsors and stakeholders per established plan
- Fulfills related responsibilities as assigned by the PMO Director or Executive Leadership.
- Ability to manage teams and risk within the project
- Experience holding teams accountable to deadlines and deliverables
- 10+ years demonstrated experience delivering transformational SAP programs
- Ability to lead large cross-functional geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working with Solution Manager 7.2 in managing and delivering projects
- Strong organizational and communication skills in delivering key insights at all levels of organization, from a strategic perspective to executive leadership, to tactical requirements at the business SME and delivery team levels
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively. Strong negotiation and organizational skills.
- Works with a sense of delivering results aligned with program priorities, while anticipating and providing options to program leadership for critical decisions.
- Demonstrated attentiveness to driving quality and productivity within team. Motivates and delivers measurable progress aligned to program business priorities. Strong business process knowledge, coupled with knowledge of SAP product capabilities. Ability to translate business needs in evaluating technological implications and identifying standard system capabilities, with the support of technical SMEs.
- Experience in working with Application Maintenance Services (AMS) partners for hand off to support
Preferred, but not required:
- Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation, or similar industries
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and/or experience working on Mexico SAP implementations
- Experience managing projects with complex data model and data integrations
- SAP Basis Tech Skills/Architecture
- PMP certified
- Experience managing budgets >(USD)20M
- Proficiency in the following tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, CA PPM (Clarity), SharePoint, ServiceNow.
- Spanish preferred, but not required
- S4/HANA implementation experience
- SAP multi-country rollout deployment experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar technology field.
Apply Online Apply Later