Scientist Senior Associate #JN -042021-62497
Thousand Oaks, California
Posted on: April 12, 2021
Industry: Scientists / Research / Lab Technician
Job Number: JN -042021-62497
- The Genome Analysis Unit (GAU) is seeking a talented Computational Biologist, working remotely to further our mission of drug target discovery and validation in support of the therapeutic pipeline.
- As part of Research Biology, the scientist’s duties and responsibilities will include multi-omic data analysis and resource development to support Therapeutic Areas (Oncology, Inflammation, Cardiometabolic Disorders), Research Biomarkers, and Translational Safety.
- Doctorate degree OR Master’s degree and 2 years of scientific experience within Pharma or Bio, or human disease
- An advanced degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or Data Science
- Experience with multi-omic data integration and analysis
- High proficiency with standard computational biology tools and methods (e.g. NGS data analysis, Git, Notebooks)
- Proficiency with R, an additional programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++), and working in a Unix-based AWS environment
- Familiarity with drug development methodologies
- Background in human disease biology and/or genetics
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of single-cell RNAseq datasets.
Apply Online Apply Later