Senior Business Systems Analyst # JN -012021-59457
Education / equivalency:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IS, or job related degree
- OR extra 4 years job related experience (Total 12 years of related work experience)
Candidate technical background:
- Business Analysis experience (Required)
- Must have experience with configuration in SALESFORCE/VLOCITY (required)
- IT business analysis experience in health care, insurance, and/or another industryappropriate environment for the supported business unit (Required)
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills (Required)
- Professionalism (Required)
- Excellent Customer Interfacing Experience / Relationship Development (Required)
- Requirements Gathering Experience (Required)
- Excellent Presentation Skills (Required)
- Ability to market the organization, its services & software as solutions (Required)
- Capital Market / Financial Products Analysis & Marketing experience (Nice to Have)
- MS Access (Nice to Have)
- Usability Studies (Nice to Have)
- Experience communicating system & process concepts (Highly Desired)
- Insurance Industry Experience (Highly Desired)
- Web Development & Database experience (Highly Desired)
- Workflow OR Inventory Management software experience (Highly Desired)
- Data Analysis (Nice to Have)
- SQL (Nice to Have)
- Process Consultancy experience (Nice to Have)
Candidate background/experience manager is interested in:
- Account Management Acts as an account manager responsible for the collection, analysis, review, documentation, and communication of customer needs and requirements. Ensures solutions are tailored to the customer’s strategies by continually obtaining a complete understanding of the customer’s business needs from initial requirements to final implementation. Communicates quickly and accurately. Manages political and interpersonal issues. Fosters relationships between the customer and the technology organization as well as analyzes problems, settles disputes, and negotiates with the customer within current contractual boundaries. Acts as generalists in client’s business and specialists in software products and services.
- Internal Marketing Takes proactive marketing approach when communicating with customer in response to external requests for change or internal product activity. Focuses on customer needs and makes customer aware of potential offerings that could meet those needs and/or add value. Designs products and services with common components that can be leveraged across many customers. Focuses the communication with the customer on features available within the existing software and toolsets and works with technology team to propose and build tailored, customer focused solutions.
- Product Improvement Research/discovers opportunities to employ the proper subsets of existing software and toolsets and vendors' products and services. Identifies the customer’s strategic business strategies and finds the right products and services to fill the customer’s need and uses internal marketing to sell the solution. Research and tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies in the area of expertise to better evaluate business unit service requests, requirements, and proposals. Summarizes the customer’s business strategies and communicates the customer’s needs to the I/S organization.
System(s) the contractor will interact with/be responsible for:
- Workflow and enterprise content management systems
Primary working relationship(s) inside and outside the organization:
- Operations customers and leadership (i.e. PLs, SSD, etc.)
- Interview customers to identify system needs.
- Document user needs identify systems impacted by necessary changes.
- Perform usability studies to recommend user interface and reporting changes.
- Monitor and interpret government mandates to identify additional process or system functionality or changes necessary to existing.
- Actively resolve day today technology needs of the business unit with a focus on the analysis of processes – dissecting problems and suggesting solutions, including complex systems process analysis, design, and simulation.
- Leverage knowledge of existing solutions and business support improvements as well as industry requirements to identify, propose, and influence customer business solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customer management, testers, and users as well as vendor staff and management.
- Facilitate communication between business units and technology team to negotiate agreements and commitments.
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Participate in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions.
- Elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective. Sets customer expectations on feasibility. Identify validate requirements and organize the information into a logical document using business analysis models that are understood by the customer and Information Systems.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for one or more lines of business on various projects. Mentor less experienced business systems analysts.
- Ensure understanding of why the business solution was chosen and guide both technical and customer departments in the development of the systems.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge about the "big picture" direction of the business units to others who support them.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members so they can transfer this knowledge to technical departments.