Senior Construction Manager # JN -082021-67923
Posted on: August 2, 2021
- Sr. Construction Manager – Office MUST have customer facing experience and ability to lead teams and drive project delivery. Candidate will need to be located near Seattle, WA office but will be managing additional markets- SLC, UT - Portland, OR.
- The Construction Manager, Office is responsible for scheduling field work activities for a specific customer or geographic area. The position heavily interfaces with lead customer representatives, Crown Field Construction Managers, vendors, and general contractors to ensure real-time communication of construction activities. This role supports the District Construction Project Managers with scheduling of work and other special projects. This position is responsible for cost controls through planned efforts or change order processing. In addition, the Construction Manager, Office may split their work activities between office and field.
- The Construction Manager is responsible for all aspects of construction on projects which may include vendor selection, coordination of subcontractors, onsite management of OEM installers and customer representatives. As the expert on construction issues, scoping, estimating, BOM creation, and quality control. This may include the planning for and oversight of work on towers, small cells, fiber, in-building iDAS, and public right-of-way oDAS. Ensures all assigned projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline and budget of customer. Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with policies and procedures.
Other Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- Directly advise District and/or Program/ Project Managers in all aspects of construction work
- Actively participate in the vendor selection process and facilitate fair price estimation and budget development
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert.
- Develop customer relationships to help gain additional service work.
- Create and/or review project bill of materials (BOM) and validate through physical site walks
- Actively participate and attend scoping meetings as deemed necessary per project
- Responsible for inflight construction site walks, bid/pre-construction, in-progress site visits, and construction closeout
- Provide direction to general contractors aligned to job scope and customer standards
- Understand prevailing wages to ensure is receiving competitive rates for quality work
- Solve issues onsite and make best decisions with safety, schedule, and cost in mind
- Strong computer skills - MS Office and project management software knowledge
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy
- Conduct quality control reviews of project closeouts and keep general contractors accountable for any issues
- High School degree required
- Higher Level Education in Construction a plus
- A valid driver’s license required
- Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS
- Familiarity with test equipment for RF Sweep, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards
- Job Posting Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Job Posting End Date: 08/15/2022
- Area Function: Towers Project Delivery
- Site: Seattle, WA Westlake
- Location: Seattle, WA Westlake
Apply Online Apply Later