Senior Project Manager – ICT PMO # JN -072021-66636
Position title : Senior Project Manager - ICT PMO
Duration : 12 months
Location : Columbia, SC
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts.
- Responsible for moderate number of work efforts simultaneously that vary from a smaller to a moderate scale, with smaller number of hours to moderate number of hours, and with moderate system impacts and moderate scope and complexity.
- Adheres to project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budgeted hours, adheres to high quality standards, and meets ISSM expectations.
- Monitors project plans, assignments and work efforts on a daily basis.
- Ensures resource needs are assigned appropriately and escalates functional, quality, timeline issues.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans to meet the needs of work effort.
- Responsible for leading the project from inception to final business acceptance and implementation.
Required Work Experience:
- 5 years IT experience in a leadership capacity, including 2 ADDED years experience leading two or more concurrent project teams.
- Completion of the BCBSSC Training Program for Project Management may substitute for one year of experience.
Require Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications (verbal and written) skills with assertive yet customer-focused style. Advanced leadership skills in a team or project environment.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail. Strong understanding of project management principles and methodologies, information systems, business processes, and the key drivers and measures of success for the business unit and the organization.
- Advanced competency in management of resources to meet goals and multiple projects.
- Strong ability to lead multiple multidiscipline, high-performance work teams throughout project life cycle.
- Strong ability to negotiate terms and scope of work documents.
- Advanced ability to prepare and present formal presentations.
- Ability to manage all phases of work effort from inception to completion.
- Effective strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting analysis of project triple constraints.
Required Software and Tools:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management tools.
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
- PMP Certification
- Develops and monitors project plans, risk management plans, and project documentation from scope to post implementation. Ensures project documentation and deliverables are complete, on budget, within scope, and in accordance with standards.
- Identifies items that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort. Monitors resource requirements based on project specifications. Ensures resources are assigned to meet project objectives while managing project hours budgeted.
- Responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of project communications. Facilitates effective communications between all parties involved in the project and/or work efforts. This will include meetings, correspondence, status reports and other documentation.
- Identifies the impact of issues arising from the work efforts and/or resource requirements. Manages the project issues throughout the project life cycle. Communicates the implications of changes to the project scope with appropriate parties.
- Responsible for ensuring all work efforts have appropriate documentation for audit purposes utilizing project methodology standards in accordance with the ISSM.