Server Analyst (UNIX) #JN -042021-63261
Position title : Server Analyst (UNIX)
Duration : 12 months
Location : Columbia, SC
Server related work experience (6 yrs)
CANDIDATE TECHNICAL BACKGROUND:
- Server or other job related experience required
- Unix Administration experience. Candidate MUST have experience with virtualization technologies, server administration, and break/fix escalation.
- Unix Administration experience to include experience with the day-to-day maintenance/monitoring, patching, software
- upgrades,reviewing capacity reports, and implementing scheduled changes.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and managing OS software.
DAILY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
-- Candidate will be responsible for highest level server operations to include but not limited to:
1. Monitoring of various server infrastructure components/logs
2. Taking action upon these monitoring alerts through desk procedures
3. Troubleshooting server component failures
4. Coordinating and facilitating after hours cross team engagements
5. Engaging and escalating to engineers when needed
SYSTEM(S) THE CONTRACTOR WILL INTERACT WITH/BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
-- Unix: Linux, Solaris, AIX
- 25% Performs server support activities that may include installing/upgrading/decommissioning server equipment and other devices, responding to break-fix issues, monitoring usage of tools, servers and shared resources, and handling malfunctioning equipment.
- 25% Confers with server users about how to solve existing system problems. Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems affecting server performance. Maintains technical integrity by using appropriate software and hardware solutions along with implementing a schedule of backups for data archiving. Performs remedial maintenance of server devices including the restoration of hardware and software.
- 15% Implements/installs and maintains infrastructures including hardware, software, and various configurations. Performs configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and other server security measures.
- 15% Creates and maintains process and procedure documentation. Keeps a database/library of supporting documentation for hardware and software.
- 10% Ensures server compliance with audit requirements. Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business conditions.
- 10% Tests server hardware and software.