Posted on: March 31, 2021
Industry: Admin/Networking/System Engineer
Job Number: JN -032021-61979
Title: Service Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Type: Contract
- Consult with application vendor to establish where certain data and metadata objects are stored (main data, audit trail, methods, reports, templates, etc.)
- Work with vendors to resolve in application issues/deficiencies that are IT related, such as backup mechanisms, instrument communications, in application failures, conflicts with Antivirus, group policies, etc.
- Setup proper backup strategies for the data objects identified, including the development and deployment of OpenLab ECM archive configuration for specific lab instrument applications.
- Use various IT tools such as windows permissions, active directory, and group policies and adhere to data integrity TO SOP-0484. If it is not possible, identify those risks and report to project team.
- First time provisioning of a new computer setup including joining to domain. Subsequent support provisioning will be performed by the Client ‘Site IT’ team at the applicable sites.
- Build and deploy computers for instruments and set up on the Network. Work with infrastructure teams that build server architecture for client/server applications.
- Installations/re-installation of applications on client/server applications or in break/fix situations where vendor allows.
- Executing qualification and validation protocols on networks servers and support systems.
- Provide all content for Installation Qualification and System Design/Configuration Specifications (SDCS).
- Provide content for Function Requirement Specification (FRS)
- Ensure disaster recovery process is documented within combination of SDCS, System Admin SOP and Operation and Maintenance SOP (O&M).
- Author System Admin SOP
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing and backup systems
- Experience with virtual machine support
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Experience with validation tasks and technical writing
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety code.
Apply Online Apply Later