Site Acquisition Specialist # JN -072021-66954
Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted on: July 13, 2021
Industry: Business Analyst / Project Manager
Job Number: JN -072021-66954
- Responsible for the preparation and submittal of various entitlement applications, permits and agreements to allow installation of communications facilities on poles, towers, fiber and other infrastructure.
- Requires knowledge of municipal processes, codes and ordinances, as well as frequent interface with local governments and jurisdictions.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform all revenue producing services to meet projected goals and targets. Prepare and submit zoning and permitting applications. Monitor progress of municipal applications and facilitate jurisdictional request for additional information.
- Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Serve as entitlement lead during weekly customer meetings. Ability to comprehend and serve as a subject matter expert on matters related to state & local telecommunication municipal codes. Understand and be able to articulate details of Federal Wireless Facilities Deployment legislation including Sec. 6409(a) Wireless Facilities Deployment and related Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Orders.
- Serves as liaison between to Wireless Solutions Implementation teams to obtain, administer and ensure compliance with general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project, meeting project timelines.
- Understand financial information from projects impacting District, Area and Company financials. Provide tracking and reporting of costs associated with zoning and building permits and ensure reimbursable expenses are billed, collected and reconciled.
- Participate in District and Area pre-project planning meetings.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to ensure that permit submittal packages meet local and state-wide municipal requirements.
- Coordinate with internal partners to ensure building permits are properly closed out at the completion of construction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with municipalities, including, but not limited to Code Enforcement Staff, Building Inspectors, Members of City Councils, Planning & Zoning Staffs, Commissions and various neighbourhood groups. Represent at municipal meetings to obtain all required zoning approvals.
- Manage all aspects of complying with conditions of approvals from municipalities for the installation, maintenance and continued operation of company sites.
- Support the Wireless Solutions team on review of agreements and review of municipal code and/or zoning ordinance changes in collaboration with counsel in the course of installing and maintaining facilities and operating its networks.
- Provides research and advice to internal clients regarding access rights, permitting, and project deployment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Wireless industry experience preferred but not required
- Zoning and Permitting experience preferred but not required
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school will be considered in lieu of experience
- Two (2) years proven experience working in a municipality in a Planning, Zoning, and/or Land Use capacity or Wireless Industry required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities.
- Must be experienced in navigating corporate environment and working within a corporate group context.
- Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction required.
- Experience in constructing and administering effective community outreach programs.
- Knowledge of applicable planning, zoning codes and regulations affecting site development.
- Familiar with requirements for zoning applications and supporting documentation including presentations for neighbourhood or public hearings as required by local jurisdictions or as requested by respective property owners.
- Comprehension and understanding of construction plans, standards, terminology, and surveys.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and provide solution alternatives
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to comprehend all title documentation
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply Online Apply Later