Software Developer / Programmer 3 #JN -052021-64583
Java / Web Development :
- Web application development on ***Tomcat**. Including experience with configuring application server and development environment (eclipse plugin)
- Ability to create/modify/debug java programs that run "stand alone" and in batch.
- The Candidate should possess strong SQL skills (Oracle).
- Ability to navigate database schema to research/create queries (Oracle).
- Ability to navigate a LINUX environment.
- Utilize common commands/utilities and navigate file system and monitor processes.
- Murex nice to have
Desired (optional) technical skills:
- Java / Web Development :
- Experience with WAS (Websphere) and conversion from WAS to Tomcat
- Experience with Spring Boot application development.
- Database development:
- Ability to develop DML statements and tune them accordingly (Oracle)
- Experience with Materialized Views. Development and usage (Oracle)
- Experience with Oracle Workspace manager
- Ability to create/modify/debug UNIX shell scripts (bash, ksh, perl, etc.).
- Ability to utilize common Linux utilities for performance monitoring and tuning.
Desired (Optional) Business Knowledge:
- Investment/Financial Services experience: Ability to understand financial calculations - payments, market values (NPV), Accounting/journal entries, etc.
- Capital Markets Experience. A candidate who possesses familiarity with derivative products is strongly desired (Interest Rate Derivatives, Commodity (energy) derivatives, Credit Derivatives, and FX Options).
- Understanding of Risk measures relating to financial products - DV01, Credit Exposure calculations, Option risk measures (delta, gamma, theta, etc.), VaR (Value at Risk).
- Familiarity with any the following vendor applications (or equivalents): Murex, Calypso, and Summit.
Years of Experience:
- 6-8 years
Day to Day-
- take application and deploy to server
- server is installed, application is developed- need to convert application to run on TomCat
- assist in development of application going forward
- NOT ADMINISTRATION
- Responsible for writing programs to maintain and control computer systems software for operating systems, networked systems, and database systems. Responsible for creating the software platform, and then fine-tuning the final program after it has been made.
- High School Degree and Bachelor’s degree in computer science/relevant field or equivalent work experience required. 6 to 8 years’ experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage one’s time. Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery. Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue. Knowledge of computer development software, such as SQL, Java, J2EE, etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance. Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems. Advise customer about, or perform, maintenance of software system. Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures.