Software Developer / Programmer 3 #JN -062021-65385
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- This role will work heavily within Hadoop development and other Data Engineering tools to include, Hive, Oozie, Yarn, Impala, HDFS, Hbase- Hue, Beeline - Required
- Experience with the following technologies is highly preferred:
- Python used for all data engineering tasks like ingest, etl and aggregation
- Building consumer and producers apps to consume real time events to manage kafka based dependent java libraries
- Shell Programming
- Machine learning and RDBMS experience
- Object oriented programming language for data processing
- Devops tools
Degrees/Certifications/Years of Overall Experience Required:
- High School Degree and Bachelor’s degree in computer science/relevant field or equivalent work experience required
- 6 to 8 years of experience preferred, willing to look at candidates with 4+ years of experience who are willing to learn
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Agile project, standups, statuses, interaction with team members and infrastructure partners
- Testing and migrating
- Responsible for writing programs to maintain and control computer systems software for operating systems, networked systems, and database systems. Responsible for creating the software platform, and then fine-tuning the final program after it has been made.
- High School Degree and bachelor’s degree in computer science/relevant field or equivalent work experience required. 6 to 8 years’ experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage one’s time. Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue. Knowledge of computer development software, such as SQL, Java, J2EE, etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance. Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems. Advise customer about, or perform, maintenance of software system. Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures.