Software Developer / Programmer 3 # JN -062021-66008
• Responsible for writing programs to maintain and control computer systems software for operating systems, networked systems, and database systems
• Responsible for creating the software platform, and then fine-tuning the final program after it has been made
• High School Degree and Bachelors degree in computer science/relevant field or equivalent work experience required
• 6 to 8 years experience require
Skills and Competencies:
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
• Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
• Knowledge of computer development software, such as SQL, Java, J2EE, etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
• Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
• Advise customer about, or perform, maintenance of software system
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures