Sr. Business Systems Analyst # JN -042021-62954
Position title : Sr. Business Systems Analyst II
Duration : 6 months
Location : Columbia, SC
Defines customer needs in technical and business contexts. Ensure the proposed technical and business solutions meet the customer's objectives for the work effort. Provide guidance with planning and prioritization of business analysis activities in support of large, high-visibility project and support efforts. Provide guidance for less experienced staff to ensure they remain on target for meeting customer requirements.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
8 years of IT Business Analysis experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in the concepts of the supported business unit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard industry practices and procedures for the business unit.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, including the ability to express complex technical and business concepts to all management levels, peers, and the business units.
- Able to act as a liaison between the business unit and I/S.
- Able to influence and negotiate solutions to business problems.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Understands how IT affects an organization and is able to link it to business processes.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to read and comment on test plans and test matrices, project plans, and scope and design documents.
- Has a conceptual understanding of project management techniques.
- 25% Elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective. Sets customer expectations on feasibility. Identify and validate requirements and organize the information into a logical document using business analysis models that are understood by the customer and Information Systems.
- 25% Act as the Subject Matter Expert for one or more lines of business on various projects. Mentor less experienced business systems analysts.
- 10% Ensure understanding of why the business solution was chosen and guide both technical and customer departments in the development of the systems.
- 10% Facilitate the transfer of knowledge about the "big picture" direction of the business units to others who support them. Provide guidance to less experienced team members so they can transfer this knowledge to technical departments.
- 10% Ensure the accurate deployment of solutions through review of problem logs, assisting with test plans and test matrices, and other analysis activities.
- 10% Provide the business direction for system changes.
- 10% Validate the business need for solutions to business problems and process improvements.