Sr. Java Dev/Designer Analyst # JN -042021-62953
Position title Sr. Java Dev/Designer Analyst
Duration 6 months
Location Columbia, SC
- Acting as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent, plan, design, and develop the most complex and business critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software development methodologies either individually or as part of a project team.
- Responsible for ensuring that browser-based systems and applications meet client requirements and operate properly, using software development methodologies.
CANDIDATE REQUIRED TECHNICAL BACKGROUND / DAILY BASIS:
Java Developer/Designer Analyst with extensive background to develop and maintain web systems with required experience in technologies such as Java EE 1.5, JSP, JSTL, Spring Framework 2.5, Hibernate 3.0. IBM Rational Developer 7.0, Oracle SQL Developer, Lotus Notes, Domino, etc.. Additional skills utilized /desired in this role are 508 Compliance experience and wire-framing and mock up tools.
Required Work Experience:
7 Years applications development experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive technical knowledge of the capabilities of available hardware and software resources.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility for adapting to both changing business and client needs, and a changing technical environment.
- A complete understanding of the systems life cycle. Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages, currently utilized browser-based productivity tools, and platform technology used in the department.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
- 30% Review and analyze systems, streamlining processes to ensure efficient, consistent use of all resources and adjusting designs to maximize reusability and reduce costs across subsystems. Provide technology solutions and prototypes to be used as the basis or template for more complicated business/technical requirements. Research, diagnose, and develop fixes for defects in existing code. Address maintenance issues related to current development, testing, and production.
- 30% Participate in cross-area/application integration and design sessions as subject matter expert on browser based application development. Develop functional design and technical specifications, concept diagrams, and work flow diagrams, in coordination with analysts, development, and/or applicable administrative areas, including user interfaces for web applications, maintenance, monitoring, and software builds and releases. Develop coding to implement project designs for new features or new browser-based systems applications.
- 20% Ensure team members understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions, organizational standards are maintained, and applications are delivered according to project timeliness. Provide estimates as to the duration and cost of future projects. Research application development quality control trends throughout the industry.
- 20% Provide post implementation support, including creation of systems enhancements, and instruction to production support team. Research customer issues and determine appropriate resolutions.