Sr R&D Engineer # JN -062021-66402
Title : Sr R&D Engineer
Location : Plymouth, MN
Duration : 12 months contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize multidisciplinary engineering knowledge and experience to develop new products specific for catheter-based technology.
- Identify and mitigate project risks
- Plan, schedule and coordinate project tasks and activities.
- Effective communication skills with management and cross functional team members.
- Utilize structured problem-solving approaches to resolve design investigations during development
- Run empirical and experimental analysis utilizing various analytical design tools.
- Work with outside consultants, vendors and the medical community.
- Support bench / animal testing and clinical evaluations.
- Establish product requirements and specifications
- Establish test method and model development
- Ensure compliance with procedural and documentation requirements of Abbott, FDA, ISO and other regulatory bodies.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/related degree.
- 8+ years of engineering experience, mainly in Research & Development engineering
- Project (product development) leadership and management skills
- Experience developing and testing medical devices.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications / Education
- Experience in electrophysiological, mapping & catheter ablation, disposable medical devices.
- Experience with electrical safety standards (IEC 60601) and relevant catheter test requirements and methods
- Experience in system level requirements (catheter and associated capital equipment)
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business units model
- Experience and knowledge of electrophysiology catheter applicable standards
- Experience in risk management (Hazard analysis, DFMEA, UFMEA, etc) documentation creation