Sr. Server Administrator # JN -042021-62728
Position Title : Sr. Server Administrator
Duration : 12 months
Location : Columbia, SC
- Partial Remote / Partial On-Site: Candidate will Onboard and Start remote and required to be on-site once W@H lifted (relocate if necessary).
- Administers and deploys infrastructure including hardware, software, and various configurations. Provides administration and maintenance of user devices and communications links to assure operational availability. Administers and tests server hardware and software. Performs remedial maintenance of server devices including the restoration of hardware and software.
- Support “run” operations of Windows/SAN/VMWare technologies.
- Troubleshoot break/fix issues and respond to service requests on these technologies.
- Perform analysis related to noted technologies as it relates to processes and procedures.
- Participate in Disaster recovery. Configure and maintain server systems with advanced troubleshooting experience and skills. Monitor server performance. Monitor use of shared systems for capacity and utilization.
- Train less experienced personnel in monitoring and maintaining server systems.
- Troubleshoot advanced problems and streamline problem resolution procedures.
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, and/or 2019 (Required 3 Years)
- Microsoft Active Directory Admin (Required 3 Years)
- RSA SecurID Admin Highly Desired (1 Year)
- 20% Administers use, capacity and performance of server systems. Focuses on multiple aspects of server operations across multiple platforms. Works with end users and vendors to resolve server issues.
- 20% Upgrades and configures server devices from multiple vendors. Maintains effective relationships with external suppliers to ensure appropriate levels of support. Schedules, plans, and performs system upgrades, including coordinating the transition from test to production environments.
- 20% Confers with users to resolve problems affecting server performance. Validates and adjusts server configuration as needed. Generates server utilization/trending/error reports as requested. Observes and controls the status and performance of all components of server/system facilities.
- 20% Maintains control of server devices. Control access to, and authorization level of devices. Maintains effective security/backup and disaster recovery processes and systems. Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations as needed.
- 10% Address vulnerabilities within audit-mandated time frames. Ensure server compliance with audit requirements. Participates in continuous review and remediation to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions.
- 5% Creates and maintains process and procedure documentation. Provides feedback on commonly encountered problems and misunderstandings to enhance user documentation and/or training programs etc. Works with others to establish and improve processes and procedures.
- 5% Updates knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in server administration technology.