Staff Electrical Engineer # JN -062021-66263
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Posted on: June 29, 2021
Job Number: JN -062021-66263
Title : Staff Electrical Engineer
Location : Saint Paul MN
Duration : 4 months contract
- Researches, designs and/or leads the analog and digital hardware systems for a variety of prototype devices, tools and fixtures based on project needs
- Conducts evaluations, tests and analyses related to feasibility and function.
- Performs troubleshooting and fault isolation activities on a variety of products and prototypes.
- Writes technical reports and conducts presentations to document work, illustrate concepts and demonstrate progress.
- Conducts measurements specified in design verification plans, documents and tabulates results, and provides engineering test reports.
- Documents custom tools with specifications, schematics and mechanical layouts to support document control and tool release.
- Documents activities, including designs and design concepts, to support successful project transfers from research to product development programs.
- Stays informed and up to date on technological developments within the electrophysiology (EP) medical device industry and competitive environment to identify opportunities that align and support organizational strategy.
- Support all company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical/electronic engineering or related engineering field.
- Min 10 years of relevant analog and digital design work experience in performing the schematic capture, layout, construction, test, and evaluation of a variety of prototype Printed Circuit Assemblies, fixtures and tools.
- A solid understanding of high speed signal integrity and EMI mitigation techniques.
- Experience with PCB schematic and layout design tools such as Altium.
- Demonstrated ability to develop completely new designs and new design features as part of existing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly and perform developed skills with a high level of quality.
- Documented record of identifying and delivering key engineering information which adds value to management decision-making process.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Experience with FPGA hardware design and HDL programming such as Verilog.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks prioritizes and meets deadlines in an effective manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
Apply Online Apply Later