Systems Administrator # JN -032021-61224
Title : Systems Administrator III – OH
Location : Akon, OH
Duration : 12 months contract
- Install, manage and tune mission-critical Microsoft Server systems that support operations 24x7x365 with minimal downtime.
- Execute Microsoft Server standards that include Citrix servers, application servers, Active Directory servers, specialized support servers, Microsoft SQL Server and File and Print Servers.
- Assistance in supporting Red Hat and Oracle database technologies will be periodically needed as it relates to specific project needs.
- Manage the testing and deployment of patches and software upgrades
- Solve complex problems and troubleshoot functionality for issue identification (including debugging); work in conjunction with other IT personnel.
- Develop and maintain scripting, code or interface APIs where necessary
- Develop technical designs and estimates to meet the business needs while supporting the company’s overall IT direction and standards.
- Create and maintain system documentation and procedures to ensure governance and standards.
- Provide consulting for new applications/systems requiring Microsoft servers and services.
- Maintain and administer operating systems, server security and Microsoft services.
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain server systems hardware and software.
- Design and implement disaster recovery procedures.
- Investigate and resolve application problems and enterprise monitoring alarms
- Strict adherence to company processes, change management and other procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or at least 5-7 years of equivalent experience in a production Microsoft Server Administration role.
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server deployment using deployment software tools
- Experience as it relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle database technology administration is a plus
- Intel/AMD server hardware maintenance including experience on blade and converged hardware platforms. Strong understanding of HPE’s Synergy platform is a plus.
- Microsoft Server anti-virus administration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows Server operating system (2012/2016/2019) administration and patch management software
- VMware – Understand the structure and design of VMware server virtualization implementations focusing on virtual machine setup and administration. Basic knowledge of VMware infrastructure (ESX, vSphere, etc.) is necessary
- Proficient in PowerShell and other scripting technologies
- Puppet and continuous configuration automation technology languages is a plus
- Microsoft File and Print Services
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Microsoft IIS and other web platform such as WebLogic is a plus
- Storage related concepts, protocols (Fiber Channel, NFS, CIFS)
- SAN/NAS/Tape storage infrastructures and storage networking infrastructure. Experience with Pure Storage is a plus.
- Backup technologies such as IBM Spectrum Protect or Veeam
- RAID levels and disk technologies
- Strong network skills for server administration and performance troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of enterprise monitoring platforms.
- Ability and willingness to travel to company sites, work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after-hours support (7X24 operations).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels and with varying backgrounds.
- Experience in providing responsive and effective customer service.
- Highly motivated to work independently and productively within a virtual environment (i.e. working with remote co-workers using virtual technologies).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and plan work, work on multiple concurrent tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve non-routine problems with little or no guidance.