Systems Architect 3 #JN -052021-63954
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Upstream K8s
- ServiceMesh - Openshift preferred
- RedHat Linux
- Devops Methodologies
- External Cloud Providers
- OpenShift – Nice to have
- Java programming/tuning – Nice to have
- Windows containers – nice to have
Degrees/Certifications/Years of Overall Experience Required:
- 6-8 years’ experience
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Agile processes
- Mentor/ help train how K8 runs on system to customers
- Will be hands on and coding as a high level engineer and architect would do
- Work as a team in two week iterations so day to day can be very different. Will be dependent on what the product owner has prioritized for that sprint.
- Work with team and the customers.
- The main function of a systems architect is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical systems architect analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.