Systems Engineer 2 #JN -062021-65362
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Industry: Admin/Networking/System Engineer
Job Number: JN -062021-65362
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent education and/or experience
- Experience with large scale program analysis/design/development
- Experience with relational database technologies and object-relational mapping
- Familiarity with DevOps practices (CI, CD and CT) and supporting tech stack
- Experience with source code version control (VSTS, TFS, GIT)
- Ability to work well with and collaborate with others, leading/coaching/mentoring teams
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about learning and working with the latest technologies with effective communication skills
- Proficiency in one or more object oriented languages (C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby)
- ATM knowledge/experience is a huge plus
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Apply academic, work skills and experience to the development/deployment of software and systems components
- Designing and implementing various software and systems components within the guidelines of established computer architecture
- Unit testing developed components and participating in system integration testing as required
- Collaborating with team members
- Researching and implementing new and/or evolving technologies
- Recommending/providing guidance on solutions and technologies based on experience
- Estimating specific project efforts
- Tracking and reporting assignment progress as defined by project leaders
- Completing assignments in a timely manner, seeking help as necessary from appropriate resources
- Communicating status, risks, issues and/or concerns to leadership in a timely manner
- Maintaining and updating documentation regarding the design and operation of all software and systems components
- Assisting in routine work (database management, version control, Network/Infrastructure issues) and general support required of the organization
- Adhering to established best practices for development lifecycle
- Establishing and maintaining a high quality of work
- Practicing proper business and professional ethics
- Maintain a productive work environment
- Identify and recommend improvements in system development lifecycle
- The main function of a systems engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work.
- A typical systems engineer analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required. 3 to 6 years’ experience required.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time. Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue. Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software. Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms.
Apply Online Apply Later