Systems Engineer 3 #JN -062021-65415
Top Must-Have Skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Networking background and general infrastructure knowledge
- Experience building infrastructure
- Scripting - Infrastructure as Code- nice to have
- Experience with Cruz - nice to have
- Troubleshooting experience
- Support requests go through ServiceNow, experience in this would be nice to have
Degrees/Certifications/Years of Overall Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
- 6 to 8 years of experience required.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- This resource will help with all of the environment builds for VAM (QA1, QA2, GF1, GF2).
- Virtual Account Management - installing now, setting up additional test environments, QA
- We will leverage them for the ‘Infrastructure as Code’ server process, F5 load balancer configurations, firewall requests, and any other infrastructure related configuration with ETL and BIX.
- This will be a full-time job for VAM and needs to be run in parallel with the installation/configuration efforts that are ongoing in the UAT environment.
- The main function of a systems engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical systems engineer analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required. 6 to 8 years’ experience required.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage one’s time. Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue. Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software. Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms.